Cats in the Garden
If a cat is destroying your garden, then I have 12 easy tips for you to help keep them out.
- Fence, low voltage fence, or covered garden space.
- Ultrasonic sound devices.
- Your own hair clippings.
- Rough ground or objects designed to be a nuisance to the cat, to deter digging. Skat rugs (local nursery sells to discourage cats from digging the soil), cardboard, lattice, or even screens/metal fencing laid flat.
- Plant flowers and plants that they dislike the smell associated with, such as lavender, marigold’s, geraniums, and other plants they detest.
- Use Citrus rinds and peels and/or dried herbs that cats detest. Such as, dried eucalyptus or peppermint, and lemon or orange rinds.
- Spray repellents for Cats from the store.
- Coffee grounds.
- Motion detection sprinklers.
- Old Tobacco, pipe ashes, and tobacco leaves.
- Move your bird feeders out of the garden.
- And sometimes a spray from a hose with remind the cat to stay clear of your garden!
Try to keep in mind that your garden is inviting to animals and birds of all kinds. You will never destroy the instinct of cats and their hunting drive, so if you can learn to live with it, you might just get the added bonus of company while you are working in your garden!
As for my freebie today, it is all about CATS!
31 printable pages.
1 PDF eBook.